a Life on a Dime Has Been Nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
This evening (a Monday night) I was preparing dinner and decided to check Twitter (I’m @alifeonadime if you want to follow along there too) to find that fellow blogger Mori Ganna, who runs a blog about “self-awareness, positivity, and learnings after mental illness,” had nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. First, thank you so much! If you haven’t checked out Mori Ganna do that now!
I started this blog in June to document our family’s transition as a single income family and our journey to live life to the fullest on less. I hoped to provide a little hope and inspiration to other families on a tight budget who still wanted to provide safe, non-toxic homes. At times, I’m not sure I’m really reaching anyone or making a difference. I still enjoy blogging, so I press on anyway and try to stay true to my original purpose of the site. The fact that another blogger chose to recognize this little platform was most appreciated.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
If you aren’t a blogger, you’re probably wondering what the Sunshine Blogger Award even is. Nominations are given by bloggers to other bloggers to inspire and encourage positivity and creativity. In other words, it is recognizing bloggers who are spreading their sunshine throughout the blog world with their writing.
The fact that a Life on a Dime was nominated was very unexpected and encouraging! This little blog hasn’t been around for a very long time, and I really only got involved in the blogging community last month. I have received so much support and truly appreciate this nomination.
- In your post, thank the blogger(s) who nominated you, and link back to their blog.
- List these rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger(s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for the award and ask them 11 new questions.
- Let the nominees know about their nomination.
My Sunshine Blogger Award Questions from Mori Ganna
1. When did you start blogging?
I just started this blog in June, and only have as much content as I do because I participated in Blogtober last month. I actually went live with my site and announced it to the world on Instagram (my only social media account at the time) with one welcome post because I was afraid I wouldn’t ever do it if I didn’t just get it out there.
2. What’s your proudest moment from this year?
I think I am most proud so far that I completed Blogtober! Not only did I write a post every day last month, but I kept my posts in niche and didn’t just publish 31 posts; this girl published 32 posts and a recipe! I also started my YouTube channel! As they say, do it scared. I did it all scared last month!
3. If you had to give one piece of advice to a newbie blogger, what would it be?
Just do it! And do it for you! Write what you love to write and find your niche and blog your little heart out! You’ll find your audience/tribe. Be your authentic self and it will resonate with people.
4. How do you relax?
I love sitting down with a cup of hot tea. I’d say I read but that’d be asking too much with a two-year-old around!
5. Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
I don’t have one favorite quote but I have always appreciated the words and works of Ralph Waldo Emerson. I will leave you with this one.
To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. What’s the first item closest to you on your left at this moment?
That would be a bag of mini marshmallows.
The Final Five
7. What’s your favorite type of pen to write your notes or journal with?
I like a ballpoint pen, but in reality, I just like multi-colored pens so I can brighten things up on the page. I am just happy with a set from the Dollar Tree as I am with a UniBall.
8. Do you blog full-time or part-time?
I guess it depends on how you look at it; I am a stay at home mom, so I do things for my blog throughout the day and/or night as I can. It is also one of the only sources of personal income I have at the moment, but it is far from earning a full-time salary.
9. How do you balance blogging and other life stuff so you don’t burn out?
I do what I can when I can and this prevents burnout. I also have a lifelong love of writing with very few other creative outlets, so this is a treat and not a burden. If I were to feel burned out I would probably just decrease the number of posts for a bit or change it up.
10. What’s your dream holiday destination?
Paris. Someday hopefully, but I would love to be in a cabin anywhere in the mountains for a bit again too.
11. Who is your favorite person and why?
Um, this is a hard one. It may sound cheesy and obvious, but I’m going to say it’s my husband. The last couple of years have truly been a season of sacrifice for him leaving our old house, working two jobs so I can stay home with our kids, and missing out on a lot of time with us. This is not something I take for granted.
- Gabby Abigaill
- Goatdog Simple
- Renew Inspiration
- Pinay In Hawaii
- That Weird Girl Life
- Simply Sarah Jane Loves
- This Brilliant Day
- Prayers and Passports
- Gen-Y Mama
- The Uncorked Librarian
- Sweet Frugal Life
Questions for My Nominees
- Why did you decide to start a blog?
- Do you have any other creative outlets besides writing/blogging?
- What is your dream for your blog? What do you see as its ultimate purpose?
- Tell me what brings you the most joy in your life.
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite thing about yourself?
- If you could go back in time before your launch, what is the one thing you would have done anything differently when you started your blog?
- Is your job purely a passion project on the side or your full-time job?
- Where do you feel you write best?
- When do you feel most inspired to write?
- And last, but not least I will borrow one of the questions given to me. What is your proudest moment of the year?