If you’re looking for ways to save money but aren’t sure where to start or you need new ways to save money I have you covered! Just in time for day three of #blogtober, here is my list of 30 frugal money-saving tips to help you save money every single day.
*This page contains affiliate links. At no cost to you I earn a commission if you make a purchase after clicking my links.*
- If you haven’t already, get on a budget and evaluate spending over the last few months for insight ASAP.
- Set your thermostat on a schedule.
- Shop with a grocery list and only buy what is on the list.
- Meal plan prior to making the above-mentioned grocery list.
- Put that meal plan into use and cook at home.
- Shop around for home and auto insurance on a yearly basis.
- Drink homebrew coffee most days.
- Use cashback apps such as Ibotta (referral code itxrhcs) and Fetch Rewards app (referral code 8H9Y1) to earn cash back or gift cards to major retailers on purchases you already make! Use my referral codes and we both get free points!
- Cut the cable already!
- Buy clothes second hand to save lots of money on your wardrobe – especially for the kids since they need clothes more often.
- Participate in a no-spend challenge on a regular basis.
- Understand the difference between being frugal and being cheap – know when you need to pay for quality to avoid repeat purchases.
- Plan your errands and trips out of the house to save money on gas
- Take advantage of free shipping with Prime – and enjoy streaming Prime Video to get more bang for your buck!
- Don’t be too brand loyal
- Set up auto bill pay on utilities, the mortgage, insurance, and schedule recurring transfers to savings. Pay yourself first and you’ll spend/waste less money!
- Take on some home improvement tasks yourself instead of hiring out simple odd jobs. And do your own lawn care!
- Wash and vacuum out your car at home.
- Don’t buy bottled water; get a reusable water bottle and bring water with you everywhere
- Don’t overpay for your gym membership; the workout is just as good at the cheaper gym as it is at the elite clubs and often includes a trainer.
- Or, skip the gym and use free workout videos on YouTube or Prime! There are videos featuring several popular programs such as H.I.I.T included in your Prime membership!
- Invite friends over for dinner or take turns hosting potlucks instead of going out to eat together. You don’t have to be antisocial to save money!
- Take advantage of the free activities your local library has to offer – free movie screenings, book clubs, workshops, computer classes, storytime for the kids, even yoga! Libraries have it going on these days! They’re also a great place to schedule play dates and catch up with other moms while the kids pick out books and play puzzles!
- Unplug small appliances and electronics when not charging or in use to save money on your electric bill.
- Skip traditional portrait sessions and book the kids in seasonal mini sessions – local deals are usually promoted on Facebook. Ask for recommendations if you have trouble finding any offered near you.
- Send out a fun Christmas video to friends and family instead of the usual card. Save on postage, cards, and get bonus points for creativity!
- Cancel magazine subscriptions.
- Cut back on one-time-use products such as paper towels.
- Buy concentrated cleaning solutions and DIY your own cleaning products. It’s healthier and better for the environment!
- Be sure to subscribe and never miss a post and follow a Life on a Dime on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!
Tell me your favorite ways to save in the comments! Or let me know if you implement some of mine and you find them helpful! I love to hear from you! I’ll be back with more new content tomorrow for #blogtober day 4! Hope to see you then!
This post was proofread by Grammarly